Harley is committed to providing quality services to you, and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you regarding how we manage your personal information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern how we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
You may obtain a copy of the Australian Privacy Principles from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information, and why do we collect it?
So that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your healthcare needs, we require you to provide us with some personal details and general medical history. Security of any personally identifiable information you provide is of paramount importance to us. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth,
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways, including by telephone and email, via our website www.harleymen.com.au, from cookies and third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or the policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Information we collect via technology.
When you visit our Site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any personally identifiable information. Cookies may passively collect certain information, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third-party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform and the pages you navigate to.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your IP address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
- We use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our web pages. This helps us deliver and continue to improve our services. Cookies are small pieces of information that a web page transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies make the web more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular site. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify you, only your computer. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and service easier to use, make our advertising better, and protect both you and Harley Men. You can change settings in your browser to stop accepting Cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to stay logged in to the Site.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, if our application(s) crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances, we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Harley may disclose your Personal Information in some circumstances, including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is stored in client files that we will keep for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please get in touch with us in writing.
Harley will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
To protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable to update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is updated and available on our website.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Unit 20, 6 Herbert St, St Leonards NSW 2065.